Leeds & Yorkshire Housing Association
We addressed tensions between young and old residents on housing estates in the North of England by co-creating a series of films with teen and senior residents.
Address local tensions between young and old people on housing estates around perceived anti-social behaviour.
Create a project where young people worked with old people on a series of films that highlights differences and similarities of ‘growing up’ now and in the past
- Sourced a group of young people to work directly on the project both in a production capacity and in a ‘Gogglebox’ –style detached commentary capacity.
- Produced six short films:
- In Our Day – Tensions
- In Our Day – Money
- In Our Day – Life Advice
- In Our Day – Housing
- In Our Day – Entertainment
- In Our Day – Employment
- Demonstrable project of young and old working together oung people more understanding and considerate towards older residents
- Reduced friction from older and younger residents
- Significant PR opportunities for LYHA