Calderdale 6 is a collection of Sixth Form colleges in Calderdale. Facing a number of local pressures, the group of colleges commissioned Fourteen19® to understand attitudes to learning from students in Years 11-13 and from parents with children in Years 7-13.
We worked closely with the project host (Brooksbank Sixth Form) to create a process that identified, inspired and mobilised key influencers within each of the other Sixth Form colleges. This group were allocated the responsibility to promote the questionnaire to their own students and parents. To aid the process we produced detailed briefing notes and support assets that could be used to promote engagement.
Research and analysis needed to be undertaken within 3 weeks in order to provide data for each of the college’s annual open evening activities. Due to data sensitivities, individual data for each college was not shared between the group.
- With no research expertise within the colleges, Fourteen19® managed the whole process
- Proposed survey title and messaging changed to increase engagement and the number of responses received
- Individual colleges mobilised to gain responses from students and promote to parents
- Questionnaire written and ‘youth approved’ using the Fourteen19® Youth Panel and second panel provided by one of the colleges
- Questionnaire signed off by client and uploaded onto the SurveyMonkey® professional platform, tested and formatted with 12 unique survey entry weblinks
- 1,560 young people (and 514 parents) consulted as part of the project split over 5 Sixth Form colleges
- All data analysed collectively and individually across each of the 5 college cohorts
- Due to data sensitivities, 5 individual summary reports were produced
- Rebranded campaign (+MORE) and repositioning of key messages
- Subsequent work for one of the colleges generated an uplift of 41% in student recruitment based on information gained from the research