Headstart | Kirklees Council
Raise awareness of the positive role that long-term unemployed young people could make to organisations and increase the number of vacancies offered to young people.
Encourage employers to employ or offer placements to young people who were long-term unemployed.
Create a co-creation project that would communicate the benefits of employing young people whilst also giving the participants valuable work experience that would aid their future employment.
- 10 long-term unemployed young people sourced and recruited to the project
- Six sessions delivered over six weeks taking the group though the process of developing a campaign including research, creation of moodboards, key messages, creative development, presenting to the client and channel distribution of material.
- Creation of a visual brand & promotional film
- Documentation of the process into a secondary film for partners and stakeholders
- Innovative approach that generated large numbers of vacancies and enquiries within the local economy
- Creation of a ‘brand’ that could be used for subsequent activity
- Substantial local PR generated
- Two members of the group immediately employed as a result of participating in the project
Film produced with Headstart participants to demonstrate the benefits of employing long-term unemployed young people.