Kirklees Youth Enterprise Centre
Deliver communications and project management support to a £4.9m ERDF flagship youth entrepreneur project.
Raise awareness of self-employment within a number of pre-identified communities and encourage young people to consider setting up a viable enterprise.
Comprehensive communications strategy delivered over eighteen months, to multiple audiences (young people and influencers) across various channels and platforms.
- Extensive research with target audience
- Produced eighteen-month communications strategy
- Production of all branding and promotional collateral
- Integral member of project steering group
- Helped mentor and establish two young businesses
- Management of two successful events
- Creation of the Kirklees Youth Enterprise Awards
- Over 450 young people in the Kirklees area expressed an interest in self-employment
- 150 registered and started the process of writing a business plan
- 72 teens established an enterprise and received start-up funding
- The young people taking advantage of the project represented a diverse mix of socio-economic backgrounds
- Led to Fourteen19® being invited to participate in a number of national high-profile youth enterprise projects – including the Commission into Young People and Enterprise