FA Secondary Schools Programme
Created and delivered communications for the FA’s new Secondary Schools Programme that generated 600,000 young people participating in football, 1 in 3 in the UK schools signed up to the programme and the creation of a channel that accessed a traditionally hard to reach audience.
Encourage PE teachers to submit participation figures for 12-16 year olds playing football in schools
Use email and social media to target PE teachers and encourage them to sign up their school to the Programme in return for exclusive FA-related content and resources
- Sourcing national teacher database
- Monthly targeted emails to prospects and members
- Production of resources and lesson plans
- Management of FA branded social media channels
- Production of ‘branded’ social media assets
- Production of short films and online content
- Manage online community of schools and teachers
- Promotion of the channel to internal FA resources
- 600,000 young people participating in football
- 1 in 3 UK schools signed up to the programme
- Channel created to access traditionally hard to reach audience
We visited staff and students at Heysham High School in Lancashire in order to film their innovative Football Scholars programme and Fantasy Football league. The multi-age, multi-gender and multi-ability programme offers over 100 students the chance to participate in structured football games and high quality coaching sessions, in return for their continued excellent behaviour and attitude across school.